Friday, January 30, 2009

Remain Clear of These Areas!

Feeling a bit guilty about my criticism of one of AOPA's online safety courses, I decided to give them another chance.

Yesterday, I took the verbosely titled Know Before You Go:  Navigating Today's Airspace course.  It is a good review of our complex airspace system, and I had just about decided to recommend it to all my gliding friends, when I encountered the "Miscellaneous Airspace Areas" part of the lesson:

(Click image to enlarge)

Note the subject of this sentence:
When practical, pilots should remain clear of these areas.
Once again, I agree with the advice given.  But I would have used slightly different wording.  Something along the lines of "When practical, bozos should remain clear of the pilots in these areas."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How about "Airplane drivers should watch out for pilots in the area."