Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Peter Betts

Peter Betts has died.

Peter joined the club in 2006, and when I first met him, I was not quite sure how to deal with a student pilot who was sick all the time. He immediately put me at ease by pointing out that he would be the the only student I wouldn't have to worry about making airsick. His chemotherapy took care of that in advance.

Peter eventually did learn how to fly, but more importantly, his learning taught us about optimism, and reminded us that the reason we fly has more to do with sharing our lives than with developing a special skill.


Peter's blog is here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The only other picture of Peter I have is this one. Are there any others out there?

Anonymous said...

Godspeed Peter. I'm richer for having known you.
Gregg