Monday, January 5, 2009

Name that Sailplane

From the shameless self promotion department: There is a photo of a glider at the top of page 12 in the January, 2009 issue of the Atlantic Flyer. Can you name the aircraft? Bonus question; where is it based? Not sure what the winner will receive but I can assure you it will not be expensive or coveted by others. Then again, it might be beer. In the case of a tie, the winning answer is based solely on my discretion which is questionable at best. Bribes considered.

9 comments:

Skip said...

My answer (based on quickscan of the AF website articles which do not have page #s and so maybe not from page 12...):

Aircraft: PW-5

Base: Kevin Brooker's garage

Anonymous said...

It's obviously the one-of-a-kind Stratocruiser Silent, based at Area 51.

Anonymous said...

Oh wait...Skip's right. It appears to be a PeeWee after all. Probably based in Nathan's toy box.

Anonymous said...

"Name that glider"...

Are you SURE you want me to do that?

-a PMSC wise ass

Anonymous said...

And here's the article on the web, in case your copy of AF was lost in the mail:

http://tinyurl.com/7hp6dc

Gregg Ballou said...

I believe that glider is named 'Jill's Kitchen'
Where is my beer?

Anonymous said...

That's hilarious. I bet Kevin is glad that Jill never reads PMSC News.

kevin brooker said...

Who says I don't read this. Love Jill.

Anonymous said...

Oh, interesting report, too, Kevin. Thanks.