Sunday, April 27, 2008

Double digits

This just in: the number of privately-owned gliders in our club is now ten! Congratulations to Thomas on the acquisition of an ASW-20C. It came from GBSC, and I forgot to ask what the competition ID is. We may get to see it this weekend.

Today's trivia question is obvious: name the ten gliders.

Addendum (04/28/08): Gregg sent me his list last night, and sure enough, there were twelve gliders on it. I guess that cancels the trivia contest. After studying Gregg's list and thinking about it for a while, I came up with a thirteenth member who has his own sailplane.

For the record, here's the list:

1-23, 1-23, 1-26, 1-26, ASW-20, ASW-20, ASW-24, HP-14, Discus CS, Discus 2, LS 4, PW-5, Silent 2.

We should have a contest one of these days.

Thanks to Gregg for the correction.

4 comments:

Gregg Ballou said...

Bummer I lost- I counted 12 private gliders. Gosh I hate school.
Rick I'll email you my list and everyone can keep playing.
Gregg

Gregg Ballou said...

13 is unlucky we can't have that- so let's count Rick's Grob and call it 14. Do I hear 15?

Anonymous said...

20's rule :-).

Anonymous said...

The L-13 is privately-owned (albeit publicly-used)...

Does this count?