Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Fortune cookies to fly by

My collection, so far:

1. "It's better to be approximately right than precisely wrong." Yeah, especially when making decisions about final glides or checking for traffic. I'm tempted to glue that one to my panel.

2. "You constantly struggle for self-improvement." That does cover a lot of ground, er, sky.

3. Maybe having spent a bit of time working on 1 & 2.... "You will be fortunate in everything you put your hands to." I guess my feet will have to get by on skill and practice.

9/15/09 update
4. You can't make this stuff up: "Your courage is like a kite -- big wind raises it higher." Hey, as long as it's tempered by common sense. Bluefield WV here I come! Could come in handy at Mt Washington, too.

Tip: eat the cookies on the ground.

4 comments:

Andy G said...

I got a fortune cookie that said, "Romance will soon find you," so I asked my Magic 8 Ball if it was true. It said, "Don't count on it." Then Darlene left the Club and I knew the Ball was probably right...

Darlene said...

Oh there you are! Why haven't you called me?

Rick said...

Who's Darlene?

Spanky said...

Who's Rick?