Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Caught on tape


There was great lift all around the local environs but I had some friends coming up for an intro ride. I'm sure I could have stayed up another hour or two. I didn't know that friends Gabe & Leah, with 10-month-old Adrian would be filming me. You can hear Adrian on the video.

You're not a pilot until you take that post-solo solo: in gliders August 8 & in power (C-172) yesterday from Lebanon.

Yesterday I was 'lost' - kept thinking I was supposed to be doing something, like technique. I also was watching Brian in a balloon drifting around WRJ and Hanover. I left him over the treetops up a hill north of Hanover.

I did manage to fly out of the pattern, south, over Bill's strategically located landout zone in Hartland near the dam:


Not many of us manage to get a video of their solo landing - and this was a surprise. Critiques are welcome - in fact encouraged, as in how else can I get better? I generally try to fly level over the ground as far as possible but seemed to snag some lift for a bit.

A little hard on the tail wheel it seems ~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

On Tuesday evening I was in a boat on the CT river near the Lyme/Hanover border. I saw a Cessna sight seeing and thought it was you. You can't do anything around here without people knowing about it.

tim

Ironman said...

I'm switching to helicopters and disguising my voice so I can move without being seen.
I did see a boat heading north on the river w/ a decent wake as I was heading south.
If you were in the right place you might have seen Brian in balloon - he was from 2.5k-3k and then down to the trees coming up northeast across Hanover.