Monday, November 2, 2009

Determined

Congratulations to Jason Cohen for getting his New Hampshire driver's license and his Private Pilot Certificate in the same season!

When Jason joined the club two seasons ago, he was determined to become a Private Pilot at the minimum allowable age, which is 16. Today he took Bill Stinson for a couple of rides in the Blanik, and when it was over, Bill couldn't think of any reason to do the third flight. Jason met his goal by six months.

I'm sure he'd be happy to give any of you a ride before the end of the season.

If you've never seen a picture of a determined 14-year-old, here's one:

His hair is a lot longer now.

7 comments:

Ironman said...

Joe Cool! Wow- I wasn't looking that good till I was 18 !
Congratulations on getting your ticket today ~ I ahd a great time up ther w/ you and soloing the 1-23 ~ and- some time you gotta teach me how you do that ~ No Dive Brakes landing into the low late-day sun and spot landing within 10 feet of the wind sock !

Andy Lumley said...

Jason,

Congratulations on your certificate, it's a great accomplishment and you should be proud to have accomplished your goal.

They say that a pilot certificate is "a license to learn" and it's really true, and certainly was for me. I was quite green when I got the Champ (just slightly ahead of the club forming) and what I did was fly fly fly every chance I got, literally 3 times a week and then gliders and then the tow plane. This really paid off for and there is no substitute for experience so NOW GO GET SOME!

Andy

Anonymous said...

This is so impressive-Congrats!!
Diane

Anonymous said...

Hey Jason:

Chicks love pilots (especially glider pilots). You'll be beating them off, even more than before.

Way to go!

Tim

Unknown said...

Jason, Congratulations on getting your ticket, you surely show me up. rising stars can be seen from a long way off and you are one. see ya, Sonny

Gregg Ballou said...

Congrats Jason.
Great job PMSC you guys are cranking out rated pilots this year.

T8 said...

Nicely done, Jason.