Tuesday, July 29, 2008

World Championships in Germany

The World Gliding Championships for the 15-meter, 18-meter, and Open Classes will take place August 2 - 16. If you want to follow along, the WGC website will have the official news and results. Of even greater interest, however, will be the US Team News Blog, which should have some pretty good daily reporting. The first report was published today. I have just now subscribed my newsreader to this feed, and I have added a link to the blog in the sidebar over there on the right.

At the end of the Championships, we'll take a survey to find out which PMSC member maintains the most interesting soaring blog on the internet.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ANNOUNCING THE WIN-A-TOW SWEEPSTAKES

JUST PREDICT THE DATE JOHN GOOD WILL SEE A GREAT BUSTARD AND SONNY OWES-YA-ONE!!!!

ONLY 11 DAYS LEFT TO ENTER...

Anonymous said...

... John sees a Bustard on:

8.8.08@0800

Anonymous said...

...or maybe:

08.08.08@0808 ?

Skip said...

SKIP WINS THE WIN-A-TOW-SWEEPSTAKES CONTEST GOING AWAY!!!! UNOPPOSED, HE PREDICTED THAT JOHN GOOD WOULD SEE HIS GREAT BUSTARD ON 08.08.08, AND HE DID:

Friday, August 8, 2008
"This is a rest day at Lüsse....

"I must note that I believe I’ve now seen a Great Bustard. This was a huge, lumbering birds flying along a tree line at the northeast edge of the airfield yesterday, showing a longish neck, very broad wings, and a lot of white underneath. I’m not sure this sighting was good enough to be definite, but I think it can be considered a probable."

GOOD ENOUGH FOR ME, JOHN!

AND THANKS, SONNY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

P.S. This is the most fun I've had as a glider pilot since the 4th of July Encampment.