Monday, May 5, 2008

Ground School Poll

This is a survey. Your opinion is needed.

We would like to expand our ground school program. Our off-season classes were popular and useful. We would like to repeat them and add some new topics. The unknowns are where and when? The upstairs lounge at Lebanon airport is well suited for classes, but we cannot schedule them for Saturday afternoons any more, obviously.

Please respond, in the comments, with your suggestions as to time and place. These classes are for everybody, not just beginners. When can you make it?

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Conference Room where Board meetings are held from 5 - 6:30 most weekdays works for me.

Anonymous said...

Hi Rick-I am very interested and I can do the sessions at pretty much any time. Lebanon airport obviously works well for me. Steve could probably make his workplace available if we needed that option. I wonder if Saturday or Sunday AM before soaring works better for people who have to travel (Tom H, Pete) so that they only make one trip.

Anonymous said...

Thursday evenings around 1800 work best for me, but I'm flexible.

Anonymous said...

Two topics should be repeated (Radio, Chutes), and new ones added(Safety, Cross-Country, Ground Etiquette, Whatever).

Anonymous said...

Anonymous #3 is El Presidente, btw, so better listen up!

Amelia Dearheart said...

Right after work would work for me-I'm in Lebanon now so there or Post Mills. I think most topics covered in the Soaring Handbook would be "re-freshing" (for me)-I'm so rusty I'm squeaking!!!
Ground handling, cross-country, instrumentation, etc etc etc.
5:30 or 6 PM?
diane

Amelia Dearheart said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Once the 2-33 is out of Andy's hangar, you can conduct ground school sessions in it, provided attendees bring their own chairs...and don't mind peeing in the bushes.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, but it would be an awful lot of work to bring all those bushes into Andy's hangar.